Intermittent Fasting for Health
The benefits of Intermittent Fasting (IF) continue to turn up in research and studies.
- improved insulin sensitivity, blood glucose, and lipid levels
- relief from inflammation
- improved metabolic efficiency and reduction in body fat composition
- increased energy, decreased lethargy
- improved mood and mental clarity
- reduced LDL and total cholesterol
- helps prevent, slow progressing, and possibly reverse type 2 diabetes
- protection from cardiovascular disease
- improved pancreatic function
And of course one of the best benefits of IF – less time spent agonizing over meal planning and perfecting your diet.
For 18 years I’ve studied nutrition, changing my diet around to meet my current goals – bulk, cut, health, lean gains, etc… I’ve done a 0 carb diet, low fat meals, I subsisted on a Chanko diet once for a month, tried paleo eating, juicing, hell at one point I even ate nothing but apples and canned tuna for about 4 weeks straight. So far nothing has been as easy or felt as good at intermittent fasting.