Acai Berries + Oatmeal Cookies + Protein Powder + Sliced Fruit = Naughty and Nice Oatmeal Protein Acai Cookies.
Here is a recipe for some great cookies that combine some of the healthiest muscle building foods on the planet.
Thank you to Amy, the winner of the Zola Acai juice giveaway for her unique Naughty and Nice Oatmeal Acai Cookie recipe that combines some of the healthiest muscle building foods on the planet. (I will contact you shortly about shipping information for your Zola products.)
Anyway, this already seems like a sweet recipe, but I went ahead and Swoled up her recipe to include protein fortified Oatmeal cookies.
For this recipe you can use store bought oatmeal cookies, make them with your own recipe, or you can use the recipe for Oatmeal Protein Cookies listed below.
Oatmeal Protein Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups steel cut oats*, or rolled oats if you must
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg and 2 whites, or 4 whites, whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops vanilla Optimum Nutrition protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (2 tbsp if you really like cinnamon, plus it goes good with the fruit)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
* Steel cut oats refers to the basic chopping of oats from their original form. Rolled oats lose some nutrients in processing. Rolled oats are the most common form found in the grocery store chains. Quaker makes some.
- Mix all ingredients together. The mixture should be like sticky cookie dough, not crumbly. Add more milk if too dry and more protein powder if too wet.
- Drop spoonfuls onto greased, buttered, Pammed, or parchment lined cookie sheets. Should be about 1 1/2 tsp per cookie.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
Add Acai Berries
Get Sambazon Acai Smoothie Packs
- Blend 2 Sambazon Acai Smoothie Packs with 1/2 cup of apple juice.
- Spread pulp mixture over the oatmeal cookie as if it was pizza sauce.
- Take two large bananas and two apples and a cup of strawberries.
- Slice bananas, strawberries and apples and alternate sliced fruit over the cookie as if they were pizza toppings.
- Then slice it up like a pizza and serve, even the kids will love it.
I have no idea what the nutrition info is for these cookies, sorry. I just know they sound tasty and seem low in bad fats and high in healthy carbs judging from the recipe. Protein content is probably around 13-15 grams per cookie I would imagine.
Someone less lazy than myself should figure out the nutritional value of these cookies and post it in the comment. If you do, I will find a way to give you props.
Tags: acai, acai berries, cookies, oatmeal, sambaz, sambazon, sambazon acai
Does protein powder breakdown when baking these cookies.
Not in the sense that you should be worried about. It is still protein.
I tried the Oatmeal Protein Cookies. They weren’t too great to be honest. I even added raisons to make them a bit more tastier.
It was nice to have something to snack on though – and if I had to choose between this and nothing, I’d prob take the oatmeal cookies.
Also, they came out a little soft- I think I should have put more protein powder ( had already added extra).
Anyway, we learn as we go! Maybe next time they’re better! 🙂
Thanks for your review Paolo. Maybe we can alter the directions and ingredients a little bit to make them tastier. If they came out soft, consider baking them longer? Maybe add some cinnamon too.
Great post. I have always been a fan of oatmeal cookies. This recipe makes oatmeal cookie different and looks like more healthy.