This healthy recipe is provided by Eatricious.com, which will inevitably be your source for information about healthy restaurant foods.
Currently they are Alpha testing and the website is not available for login, but you can sign up with your e-mail address to give it a try. I’m told they plan to go live with a Beta release this summer, at which time you will be sent all the proper login information.
Enjoy Fruit Salad
With summer fast approaching many of us are looking to eat healthier in order to lose some weight, and many folks enjoy fruit and fruit salad. I personally think Cantaloupe is great!
This tasty salad is not only full of fruit, but it’s also full of Omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs). The Avocado and Olive Oil turn this fruit salad into an even better health food including a perfect cure for delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
If you don’t know why you need Omega-3s, read all about it here –> 11 reasons to eat Omega-3.
Even nutrition guru Dr. John Berardi tells you to eat fat to lose fat.
Arugula and Melon Salad
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 0 min.
Total time: 20 min.
- 2 cups Arugula
- 2 cups Cantaloupe
- 1 Avocado
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tbsp Sugar
- dash of Salt
- dash of Black Pepper
- Use a scoop to make melon balls out of the cantaloupe.
- Add a pinch of rose petal sugar to cover and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Plate arugula, slice avocado and combine oil and vinegar.
- Add melon to the arugula in a decorative manner.
- Place the avocado and drizzle the dressing.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
|Total Fat||35 g||54%|
|Saturated Fat||5 g||25%|
|Trans Fat||1 g||2%|
|Vitamin A||6032 IU||121%|
|Vitamin B||0 µg||0%|
|Vitamin C||71 mg||120%|
|Vitamin D||0 IU||0%|