How often do you find yourself with nothing to do, no one to hang out with, and nothing on TV? When those moments hit do you stop to consider how the benefits of exercising from home can improve your lifestyle?
The truth is that sometimes the best workout plan for us is just sitting around. That’s because when we’re bored at home, our bodies naturally move more than they would if we were completely entertained. And more movement means better health.
This article will help you figure out how to use your downtime as an opportunity to get some exercise. We all know it can be tough getting motivated enough to go outside for a run or head down the gym every day- so why not take advantage of those moments where you have time on your hands?
10 Benefits of Exercising From Home
1. It’s convenient: You set your own hours and can exercise around your schedule. No one to tell you what to do or get in your way. That convenience should help you stay focused on your goals.
2. It’s free: Sometimes you don’t want to spend the money on a gym membership or join an expensive personal training program- and that’s okay! You don’t need any equipment and if you find yourself with no one to exercise with, having no one around will actually motivate you more – it’s a win-win.
3. It’s sustainable: Now that you have all the right equipment to exercise from home, this means you’ll be able to do so for a lifetime! You can keep working out as often as you want and not have to worry about it being too complicated or time-consuming.
4. Everyone can do it: No matter what your fitness level is- you don’t need any experience to get started! As long as you have a few hours, a space in your home, and enough motivation, you’ll be able to work out from the comfort of your own home without going to extremes.
5. You can do it on your own: There’s no need to rely on anyone else- you’ll be able to get in the best shape of your life all by yourself! It’s one of the most empowering feelings knowing you were successful doing something all by your lonesome.
6. You can watch TV: You don’t need to find a TV show that will motivate you to work out. You can combine the two and get an incredible home workout while watching your favorite show! Just be sure your primary focus is on your training.
7. It’s easy: Don’t overthink things- if you have the right equipment and space, doing something like jumping jacks or burpees will be that much easier.
8. It’s cheap: You can score some pretty sweet deals on workout equipment and workouts online- so do your research and you’ll be surprised by how much affordable fitness really is!
9. You don’t need any special skills: If you know your body well enough, feeling what to do next will come naturally- so trust yourself, pay attention to what your body is telling you, and don’t worry about the rest.
10. It’s always available: Sometimes people can get caught up with their schedule- what if you miss your workout one day? That’s okay! Working out from home means that there are no time restrictions or travel time necessary- you can get in a workout whenever you want.
10 Steps to Help You Get Going With Home Workouts
Step 1: Get Your Space Ready
Just because you’re starting to exercise from home doesn’t mean you need a whole lot of space. You can get by with just some simple yoga mats, pillows, and some folding chairs if that’s all your living room has to offer. Don’t worry too much about having an exact routine- as long as you can fit a few ground exercises and some cardio in there, you’re good to go.
Step 2: Get Your Gear Ready
The last thing you want is getting started with exercising from home without having any equipment- it’s hard enough motivating yourself as it is! Having your gear ready means that you won’t have to worry about finding time to get to the store or trying to fit equipment in your bag.
Step 3: Start Small
The best way to start exercising from home is by doing something low impact- this means you can get started with just about anything. If you’re not in shape, start small and increase the intensity when you feel more comfortable working out. It’s better to go slow than to injure yourself- no one wants that!
Step 4: Get Comfortable with the Space
You’re not going to want to do your workout if your home is too messy or noisy- getting comfortable means you’ll be able to act naturally. Start simple by making sure things are in order, turning on some music, or investing in a white noise machine.
Step 5: Get Motivated!
Doing something on your own can be tough- it’s easy to give up when you’re all alone. This is why it’s important to surround yourself with positive people and things that will motivate you to exercise- take pictures of yourself, write out a routine, or set goals to help you stay on track!
Step 6: Plan Ahead!
Human beings are creatures of habit- it’s always better to be prepared than to get caught up in the moment. Write out your daily workout plan, stockpile healthy snacks, or prep your lunch for the next day- this way you’ll never have an excuse not to work out!
Step 7: Remember why you’re doing this
When the time comes and you’re having trouble working out, remind yourself of all the reasons you decided to exercise in the first place. Do it for your health, peace of mind, or just plain fun- it’s always nice to have a little motivation from time to time!
Step 8: Get your workout in early in the day
You’ll be able to get off the couch with less effort if you choose to exercise first thing in the morning- once you’ve gotten it out of the way, you can spend the rest of the day doing whatever you like. Plus, working out is a great way to start your day!
Step 9: Reward yourself!
Exercise is a rewarding habit- it means that you’re going out of your comfort zone and doing something good for yourself. This doesn’t mean that every exercise moment has to be a struggle- by rewarding yourself with something simple, like a workout playlist or a new pair of yoga pants, you’ll feel encouraged to keep going.
Step 10: Listen to your body
It’s important not to overdo it when exercising from home- listen closely to how your body feels and what it is telling you. You don’t want to get hurt or push yourself too hard- no one has the time for that!
Exercising from home offers a lot of benefits- it’s a convenient, affordable, and easy way to stay in shape without going out. It might take some getting used to but with these simple steps, you’ll be up and running in no time!
How has exercising from home been for you? Let us know in the comments below!