This is a recipe for Zombie Brain Pate, a creamy seafood pate, or dip, which you can put on crackers, vegetables, or wedges of bread. You will need to get a brain mold, or some other kind of mold, to use to shape your pate. Makes a nice shrimp or crab-flavored dip, which can be spooky as long as you use a spooky mold.
I found the brain mold linked below for sale on Amazon. You can pick one up and do some additional Christmas shopping for the kids while you are at it.
The Zombie Brain Pate Recipe
- 1 can (about 10 oz) reduced-sodium, low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces of reduced-fat or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope of unflavored (and sugar-free) gelatin softened in 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped (or 1 pound crab meat)
- 1 cup lite, reduced-fat, or low-fat mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco or creole seasoning to taste
- oil or Pam non-stick spray for the surface of the mold