Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home/swole/public_html/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building.php on line 102
Sexy Woman and Lean Man
When you think about losing or gaining weight, you think about strict calorie deficient diets with bland food to lose weight, and sugary flatulence-inducing weight gainer shakes to gain weight. These ideas are not reality.
The average American gains 2 pounds a year, which is 7000 total calories. Divided by 365 days, that’s about 19 or 20 calories a day. It makes sense then, if you want to gain weight over the course of your lifetime, possibly to put on a couple pounds of muscle each year in order to stay fit and healthy, just eat 20 calories a day over your maintenance level.
It also makes sense that if you want to stay lean and trim for the rest of your life, with no major weight fluctuations, just eat 20 calories under your maintenance level each day.
Taking it to the next level, focusing on a loss or gain of 20 pounds in a year, all you need to do is eat 200 calories below or above your maintenance calorie level respectively, each day.
Does that sound easy to do? It should!
How to Burn Extra Calories Each Day
Increasing your activity by just a pinch, can make the difference in a pound or more lost each month…
- Workout intensely for at least 15 minutes or moderately for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take a morning walk or jog.
- Park far away from the door and walk across the parking lot.
- Wake up with 100 sit ups and 100 push ups.
How to Eat Fewer Calories Each Day
Eating fewer calories is another option…
- Cut 1/4 off each of your serving sizes.
- Replace any beverage containing calories, with water or flavored water.
- Minimize the use of fatty condiments like mayo and dressing.
- Respect the actual serving size for your bowl of cereal in the morning.
- Switch to skim milk instead of whole milk.
- Replace a high calorie meal with a chicken salad and low fat dressing.
How to Eat a Couple Extra Calories Each Day
Some guys are just too skinny and they want to bulk up. Well to you I say: don’t bulk up too much too quick, and try to keep your diet healthy. Otherwise you will turn into a pig.
- Add a high-antioxidant juice drink into your daily routine.
- Reverse every suggestion from the previous section.
- Snack on peanut butter.
- Add at least one protein bar to your daily routine.
- Double up on meat whenever you can.
- Eat a big breakfast.
Little changes can make a big difference. Depending on your goals, it can be just a very small change that will push you over the edge from plateau to progress.