How to Make Deep Dish Protein Pizza Quiche
Pizza quiche fortified with protein.
How can you go wrong?
Pizza is so good. I don’t care who you are or what kind of diet you are on, right now you want to eat pizza. I do too. That’s why I am showing you today, a super-tight recipe for protein fortified deep dish pizza quiche.
There is a ton of protein in this recipe and quite a bit of fat if you choose to use the original ingredients. I have suggested ways to eliminate fat by substituting lower fat versions of cream (milk), eggs, cream cheese, and cheese. You can use the full fat versions for a fattier, tastier, greasier pizza quiche.
You are encouraged to experiment with toppings as well. Meat and vegetables are great toppings for pizza quiche!
Some of you might make a big deal out of cooking protein powder. This is only a small deal, not a big deal.
Cooking the protein does indeed change the structure of the molecule, but in fact it is still protein and therefore is still useful to your body. Perhaps it is less bioavailable after cooking, but it is still protein.
Think about it: when you cook meat, eggs, and dairy products does everyone run screaming? No. They eat the food anyway, and it is nearly just as nutritionally good for you as when it was uncooked. Please don’t eat raw meat.
By the way, if you are looking to pick up some protein powder, I highly recommend getting some Optimum Nutrition protein powder. They make the highest quality protein at the cheapest prices. Click here to order some today.
- 4 oz softened light cream cheese or regular cream cheese
- 4 large eggs, or 8 egg whites, or a mixture of eggs and whites (for example 2 eggs and 4 whites)
- 1/3 cup 1% milk, or 2% milk, or cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs chives
- 1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
- 2 cups shredded light mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low carb tomato or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup PLAIN protein powder
- 1/3 cup red peppers
- 1/3 cup green peppers
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1/3 cup onions
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hunts tomato sauce (as a topping or for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat together or blend the cream cheese and eggs till smooth.
- Add milk or cream, parmesean cheese, and spices.
- Add plain protein powder. Avoid flavored protein!
- Spray 13×9 glass baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray such as PAM.
- Put 1 cup of shredded light mozzarella and 1 cup of shredded light cheddar in the dish, and pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Spread quiche with sauce and add your toppings.
- Spread 1 cup (or more) of shredded light mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake until brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
Fat: 23g (53%)
Carbs: 6.3g (6%)
Protein: 40g (41%)