I get plenty of questions in various comments throughout the website, but I also get comments and questions via the Project Swole Contact Form.
Generally I address those questions through e-mail, but often I do not have the time to reply to each and every question personally.
The category, Your Health Questions is a more proactive approach to answering your questions so that everyone can benefit from the Q & A.
“Thanks for your guidance and insight. I recently joined Gold’s Gym and they have a lot of cable and other kind of machines.
Why do u recommend free weights vs using cable machines?
For example, a machine to do tricep extension or seated dips or even seated barbell curls does focus on the particular muscle group and i feel the burn.
So why are they not effective?
Also, can you please comment on my routine: (Mon, Wed and Fri)
- Bench, Dumbbell Press and Incline/decline press for chest
- Military press, Barbell upright rows and dumbbell side raise for shoulders
- Bent over barbell, pull ups and seated rows for back
- Barbell curls, Dumbbell curls and close grip chin up for biceps
- Skull crusher, Dips and Push down cable machine for triceps
- dumbbell wrist curl, reverse curl and wrist curl again for forearms
- Hanging leg raises, floor crunches and crunches on exercise ball for abs
- Machine leg press, squats and leg press for quad
- standing calf raise, donkey calf and seated calf extension for calf
- Stiff leg deadlifts and back extension (based on energy level left)
I do about 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps and i try to take less then a minute break. Is there something you would like to correct/add?”