I finally joined a gym that’s worth blogging about. It is called Powerzone Fitness and it’s located in Hooksett, NH.
Why is Powerzone Fitness the best gym in NH?
- It is open 24×7. You get in after hours with an access card.
- No one is ever there. Turn the lights and fans on, crank your own music on the radio.
- No crazy meat heads taking up all the machines. It’s like the opposite of Gold’s Gym in Manchester, NH. If you ever go there you’ll know what I mean.
- It is owned by a former powerlifter. That means you can deadlift, lift over your head, and grunt without getting in trouble.
- They supply the chalk. Like using chalk when you deadlift or do Olympic lifts? They have a box of chalk beside the power rack.
- The have a power rack. They have a smith machine too, but they only use it for shrugs.
- Dumbbells up to 120 lbs. Not bad.
- They have a reverse hyper machine! It’s old, but it works.
- Training at Powerzone is like working out in your own personal basement gym, except they actually have all the equipment you could need.
|I snapped this pic just before my third deadlift warm-up set at 10:30 pm. 10 minutes later some kid came in, put a Pantera CD in the radio, and worked up to a 405 lb squat single. Notice the box o’chalk next to the power rack?|
At this point you might be wondering why I’m making such a big deal out of the chalk? It’s because I no longer have to lug around my own chalk. Has your plastic Tupperware container of chalk ever opened and flipped upside down in your gym bag? Try it and let me know what happens.
So that’s it. If you live anywhere near Hooksett, NH, stop by, sign up, and tell them Steve from Project Swole sent ya. Here’s some contact info:
1558 Hooksett Rd, Unit C6
Hooksett , NH 03106
Oh yeah, and they also have damned cheap personal training if you need it, but not by me.