If you are someone who trains for a month then takes a week off because life gets busy, you are just like me.
If you are someone who normally trains 4 days a week and then can only get in the gym once in a 9 day stretch because life gets busy, you are just like me.
And like you, I put together than occasional plan to commit for a solid 3 months, eat right, train 4-5 times a week, and make some real progress.
We are not lazy, we just get busy or have to deal with family situations. Right?
Lazy Man – This is not me and it better not be you!
I used to be hardcore. I never missed a workout, trained 4 times a week, once benched 310, once deadlifted 495, once ran a 5 minute mile. Well maybe now the closest I can get to hardcore is to train hard for a month, and then take a week off to catch up on extra work or take a vacation with the girl and kids.
If that’s the way it’s gotta be, I’m OK with that, but when I’m ON, I have to be ON. Otherwise I will never again make any progress and will be stuck at 195 lbs and 22% bodyfat.
I have to wake up each day and KNOW that I’m going to make my workout for that day, that I’m not going to eat junk food that day, and that I must stick to my plan if I’m ever to feel good about my body again.
In order to accomplish those goals, I’m going to take the following steps:
- set short term goals
- set up a training plan
- set up a nutrition plan
- try to train at least once a day for 30 minutes
- get my home gym in order
- start going to kickboxing again
- get on some supplements
So over the weekend, I put in a supplement order. Got a pretty good deal on Chef Jay’s Tri-O-Plex bars.
Here’s what I ordered:
- 6 Boxes of Chef Jay’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Tri-O-Plex Bars – 12, 50g bars per box – Buy 2 get 1 FREE using the above link!
- 6 Boxes of Chef Jay’s Smores Tri-O-Plex Bars – 12, 50g bars per box – Buy 2 get 1 FREE using the above link!
- SciVation Xtend, 90 Servings, Refreshing Orange (1260g) – BCAA powder for recovery
- Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, Free Sample! – BCAA powder for recovery
- Acai Berry Pills – antioxidants
- Resveratrol Pills – antioxidants and anti-aging
- Biotest Hot-Rox Extreme, 110 Capsules – fat loss, energy
I will also be using:
Let me know what supplements you have tried lately for muscle gain or fat loss by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post.
For training, I’m working out the details of a speed/strength program now. More details to come.
I want to lose 20 pounds by August 1st. That will put me at 175 lbs. Strength and size must not be sacrificed in the process. Let’s see what I can do. Someone remind me to take pictures and measurements either tonight before I go to bed or tomorrow morning.