Tire flipping is great!
How can you integrate tire flipping into your workouts?
Tire flipping is great for the following kind of training:
- Strong men doing strongman training.
- Powerlifters needing extra workouts, or trying to increase their work capacity.
- High intensity interval training (HIIT): 10 flips, rest 60 seconds, repeat.
- Conditioning training in groups, usually moving from station to station.
- Conditioning for martial arts, especially when prepping for a fight.
- Odd object lifting programs such as with sandbags and kettlebells – sandbag core training, training with sandbags.
So what is the best strategy for flipping tires?
Do you deadlift the tire?
Is it more of a push?
How do you use your legs?
How do you position your arms?
I can’t put it any better than Josh puts it in this instructional tire flipping video:
This is what happens when you train your ass off and get real good at flipping tires: a 600 pound tire flip:
I personally am not too sure if I could even move that thing, never mind flip it.