It’s easy to simply tell people that your product is worth trying. It’s not always so easy earning the approval of those in the industry and letting them tell people for you. So it’s no small thing that Herbalife netted several awards and accolades throughout 2020, including the following:
- Thailand’s Healthier Choice Logo. This stamp of approval is issued by the Thai Food and Drugs Administration, under the Ministry of Public Health, the Thai Health Promotion Foundation, the Thai National Food Committee, and the Institute of Nutrition and Mahidol University. The logo was awarded to Herbalife’s Formula 1 product line.
- Germany’s Healthy Living Award. The Healthy Living Awards are handed out by leading German magazine publisher DoldeMedien Verlag. This isn’t your usual year-end magazine award roundup, though. The decision is made by a panel of judges comprised of PhDs and nutritionists, sports journalists and personal trainers, top chefs, recipe developers, and food writers. In 2020, this award went to Herbalife’s H24, used for rebuilding strength.
- Five-Star QUDAL. The QUDAL, or Quality Medal, is a survey-based awards program run by the International Certification Association. In 2020, this survey saw around 1,200 people in Bosnia and Herzegovina voting for Formula 1 as the best quality meal replacement product.
- CAQI. CAQI stands for China’s Quality Inspection Association. This is the country’s foremost product quality organization, a national non-profit comprised of quality inspection experts and institutes, and overseen by the State Administration of Market Regulation. 2020 saw CAQI awarding Herbalife the following accolades:
- National Award for Enterprises Demonstrating Quality and Integrity in Products and Services
- National Award for Consistent Production of Qualified Products based on Quality Inspection
- National Award for Leading Enterprise on Quality and Integrity
- National Award for the Leading Quality Brand in Health Foods Industry.
- Mexico’s Corporate Social Responsibility Award. Awarded by the Mexican Center for Philanthropy (CEMEFI) and the Alliance for Corporate Social Responsibility (AliaRSE), these institutions are focused not so much on the product, but on how a company affects the quality of life in the communities where they do business. This is Herbalife’s tenth win in this category. Factors that CEMEFI and AliaRSE take into account include:
- Employees’ quality of life
- Environment and sustainability
- Responsible product advertising
- Ethics and compliance
- Community engagement
These are just for starters. In Spain, Tri-Blend Select, Herbalife’s vegan protein shake, was awarded Product of the Year. The Peruvian Nutrition Society put their stamp of approval on Formula 1. The Vietnam Association of Functional Food awarded Herbalife Nutrition the Golden Product for Public Health Award for the fifth time in a row. The list goes on, and this is just for 2020.
Looking at this list, it is worth noting that Herbalife has been embraced all around the world. From China to California, from Mexico to Vietnam, Herbalife Reviews from respected institutions and organizations are quite positive.
In any field of business, you are not necessarily chasing awards. What you are trying to do is create an effective product, manufacture it safely and efficiently, advertise it honestly, and create a positive impact on the lives of your customers, employees, and the communities in which you operate. The awards are simply the result of operating ethically and responsibly in countries and communities that hold businesses to a high standard.