Sometimes we hear that the most important thing in the world is health. We wish good health to each other all the time, saying none of the bad things matter just as long as we have our health. While this could be true in theory, I think we can all agree that all of the good things happening in life can sometimes take a back seat to even a simple headache. This is even truer when we are enrolled in school – high school and especially college can be mentally and even physically demanding. In these times of high stress, we need to prepare our bodies with good health and fitness to manage the workload.
Some illnesses are not within our control, unfortunately. But we will not talk about them here. Many other illnesses happen to us due to poor hygiene, bad fitness, and lack of a proper healthy lifestyle. If you don’t go outside and don’t breathe fresh air, you will have problems with the lungs. If you eat fatty, fried food all the time, you will have problems with your digestion. If you eat sweets all the time, you will have problems with extra weight and teeth. If you eat properly, exercise regularly, and take care of your hygiene, you just might find that you can worry more about your current activities such as work or school and less about being sick.
A group of professional essay writers from our friends at EssayLib shared this list to help us understand how being fit and healthy can help you excel at your academics. This list can be unbelievably long, but it shows that we should care about ourselves and be as healthy as possible to have a good quality of life.
- One of the greatest aspects of life is studying. When you feel fit and healthy, you work faster and better. Your mind is open with quick reaction. You spend less time on the same problems when you slept enough and ate good food. As a result, it influences scores and level of knowledge. Here is some simple advice to stay fit and healthy.
- Find the most suitable kind of sport for you and do it regularly. It is not a secret that sport is right for your health. Try yoga or running, pool or basketball; even long walking will be great. Every exercise will give you inspiration for better working, free your thoughts, and make a positive effect on studying.
- Eat healthy food, count calories if necessary. It doesn’t mean that you must limit yourself all the time. In a few weeks counting the amount of food you eat you will be surprised that you eat less, but you are not hungry. The majority of people who live in modern countries eat much more than their brain and muscle activity needs. Take an apple when you want a piece of the pie. Take an orange when you dream about the burger. You will think that you are hungry for the first time, but later you will see that it is easier to study when you are not full.
- Don’t try to study if you are sick. There will be no success and no quality. If you have urgent homework, better use online services to help you. Every new piece of information takes you away from feeling better — the power you need to fight with the illness you spend to get new knowledge. As a result, both of your efforts will fail.
- A good mood is necessary for health. If you feel hate, disappointment, or anger for a long time, you can’t say that you are healthy. These feelings destroy your organism from inside. Deep concentration on them blocks memory thoughts. You can’t be attentive enough and negatively affects health that really important to academics as we showed before.
- If you feel stress, anxiety, or nervous all the time, it is possible that you need the help of the professional. These are real illnesses that can be a danger to health in general and studying in particularly. Be careful about it. Talk to a counselor or therapist to discuss how you are feeling and gain some coping mechanisms.
Sure, there are a lot of necessary things to help academics, but fitness and health are among the most important. Only a healthy person can be happy, productive, and open to the whole world and information. And what can be better than studying in perfect inside and outside conditions? Just extra burger, but remember that it can be the only one.