Fish Oil Benefits
The essential Omega-3 fatty acids are alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). The human body cannot synthesize Omega-3 fatty acids, but it can form 20 and 22 carbon, unsaturated Omega-3 fatty acids from the 18 carbon Omega 3 fatty acid ALA.
Both the Omega-3 ALA and Omega-6 linoleic acid are essential nutrients which must be obtained from food or supplements.
Synthesis of the longer Omega-3 fatty acids from linoleic acid within the body is competitively slowed by the Omega-6 analogues. This is why it is very easy to end up with a deficit of Omega-3 fatty acids if additional Omega-3s are not ingested through Omega-3 supplementation.
Accumulation of long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids in tissues is more effective when they are obtained directly from supplements or when competing amounts of Omega-6 analogs do not greatly exceed the amounts of Omega-3.
Omega 3 Benefits
- improved cardiovascular system
- improved circulatory system – mostly due to increased thinning of the blood and decreased cholesterol and triglycerides
- reduction in stickiness of blood platelets – this helps prevent unnecessary blood clots, and trust me when I say this is a good thing. Coming from a man that has had blood clots twice, I am telling you, you do not want them!
- relief from arthritis and chronic inflammation – supplementing with Omega-3 will help to decrease inflammation in irritated tissue, including muscles and joints
- reduction of joint aches and pains – Omega-3 fatty acids help to lubricate your joins, making them function smoothly, with less pain and inflammation
- healthy cholesterol levels – benefit by Omega-3 supplementation by enjoying a healthier ratio of LDL to HDL
- healthy triglyceride levels – in a recent study, patients that supplemented with 2 g of Omega-3s per day, saw decreased triglycerides within the first 2 weeks of the study
- normal heart rhythm – the theory is that Omega-3s decrease heart disease through blood thinning and moderation of the heart rhythm
- healthy brain & memory function – this is especially important in infants and children. Your brain uses a vast array of nutrients to do what it does. Omega-3 fatty acids are vital to proper brain function and growth. Thus, before your next test, interview, or public speaking event, you should definitely supplement with additional Omega-3s.
- healthy pregnancy – a mother’s health and optimal development of her child’s brain, nerves and eyes during pregnancy & breast feeding are facilitated by supplementing with Omega-3 fatty acids
- healthy insulin levels – in a recent study, 3 weeks of Omega-3 supplementation at 1.1 g EPA and .7 g DHA/day, decreased insulin response to increased blood glucose by approximately 40%, with lower glucose oxidation and higher fat oxidation.
Best Fish Oil Supplements
As you would expect, I have a solution. One of the best Omega 3 supplements on the market is Omega 3-6-9.
Unlike most other shoddy Omega-3 supplements, Omega 3-6-9 offers the following high production standards:
- Made to FDA production standards
- Toxin-Free, not made with artificial ingredients and fillers
- Pharmaceutical grade ingredients
- No side effects like prescription drugs
Omega 3-6-9 is an ultra pure fish oil capsule, which when used as supplements for weightlifting recuperation has been designed to naturally improve an individual’s performance by (I) improving cardiovascular health and (II) reducing the negative effects that result from extended physical activity.
These benefits are a product of the fish-oil formula that contains a guaranteed minimum of 90% Omega-3, which is significantly greater than anything available in other mass market Omega-3 pills. The formula is also ultra pure and contains a rich amount of EPA (1200mg) and DHA (400mg), the ‘good’ fatty acids, in only one serving.
DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), and other post work-out conditions such as, muscle swelling and soreness are some of the negative effects that this product can assist in reducing.
Unlike some anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and some pain relieving drugs like acetaminophen, Omega 3-6-9 helps you to feel better without any undesirable side effects.
Omega-3 versus Omega-6
The following biochemical flowchart shows that Omega-3 fatty acids convert into potent anti-inflammatory hormones and enzymes such as Prostoglandins PG3 and Leukotrienes LTB5.
Did you also notice that this chart demonstrates the ways in which Omega-6 fatty acids convert to pro-inflammatory substances?
That is why we need a balanced ratio of Omega 3, 6, and 9 essential fatty acids.
Summary – Omega 3-6-9 Supplement
If you’re like most Americans, you’re only first hearing about fish oil. Well, tens of thousands are seeing remarkable improvements to their health and longevity, as well as getting the immediate benefits of increased energy, better sleep and improved memory.
Icelanders, who eat a diet rich in fish and fish oil, have the world’s longest life expectancy and best health. Their rate of heart disease, stroke, blood pressure, cholesterol, and joint problems are the lowest in the world. For years, researchers were stumped as to why fish bestowed so many benefits.
Recently it’s been determined that Omega-3 contains 2 remarkable nutrients: EPA and DHA. These nutrients both thin the blood and reduce inflammation in the joints and blood vessels thereby reducing the strain on our hearts, enhancing easy blood flow to the brain, and relieving aches and pains.
Heart, brain and joints simply work better and more efficiently, and who wouldn’t want that?
Click here to get up to 2 free bottles of high quality Omega 3-6-9 Fish Oil.