Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home/swole/public_html/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building.php on line 102
Kids make me sick.
No, I don’t hate kids. They don’t disgust me. They just give me germs.
The reason I haven’t posted anything all week, is because I’ve been fighting a sinus infection and what we think might be bronchitis. The bronchitis seems to be getting better, but the sinus infection makes me feel like my head is going to blow up.
If you have a sinus infection, instead of getting on antibiotics, this is what you can do:
- Get a generic saline nasal spray from your local pharmacy. Use as directed on the package.
- Score some Pseudoephedrine-based Sudafed behind the counter. Use as directed.
- Drink as much fluid as you possibly can.
- Rest, rest, and rest more.
Don’t get me wrong, the sinus infection could get worse or spread. If it doesn’t go away within 5-7 days of using the nasal spray you should definitely see your doctor.
I’m also not saying you should take this advice, but this is what a triage nurse told me to do when I said I didn’t really have time to make an appointment with my doctor for a check up. Take my advice at your own risk.
This is what you should do if you have bronchitis or a chest cold:
- Pick up some generic Musinex at the local pharmacy. Use as directed.
- Drink tons of fluid, but avoid dairy products.
- Pick up some sugar free cough drops: Ricola Green Tea with Echinacea
- Rest, rest, and more rest.
The nurse didn’t say anything about the Ricola, I choose that on my own. Cough drops do help though.
Again, take my advice at your own risk. If you spike a fever at the same time, you should definitely see the doctor. The fever indicates that it could be something worse than just a chest cold or bronchitis.
Remember, fever = infection.
If you might have pneumonia, get your ass to the hospital.
So, that it. I haven’t been writing at all because I haven’t been able to think at night. I’ve been going to bed early and avoiding the computer for the most part. We’ve got some good things coming up here on Project Swole, so please don’t give up on me yet!
How to Stay Healthy
There are a couple things you should do to try to stay healthy.
- Remember to constantly drink water. 64 oz of fluid a day is recommended.
12 in 1 Multivitamin
Take your multivitamin. I recommend 12-In-One Soft Gel Multivitamins.
- Drink OJ or use a vitamin C supplement. I’d rather just drink 1 serving of OJ every day. Enough with the pills.
- Find out what are antioxidants and then make sure you get an adequate intake. You can supplement with acai berry pills, acai berry juice, or just eat a whole bunch of red and blue berries every day.